Fortum entrusts Etteplan’s
Fortum – Energy
Fortum’s vision is to be the forerunner in clean energy, providing its customers with electricity, heat and cooling as well as other energy solutions that improve present and future life. Already 64% of Fortum’s electricity generation is CO2 free. Main markets include the Nordic and the Baltic countries, Russia, Poland and India.
Challenges for Fortum’s technical documentation:
- To develop the documentation further so that it optimally supports maintenance and new investments
- Some documentation was outdated and needed to become future-proof
- Greater cost efficiency and flexibility were needed in the organization
Fortum Heat elected to put out to public tender and make an evaluation based on economy, personnel, takeover of the activity as well as quality and competence. Etteplan received the highest score of the options evaluated in all criteria of the procurement and was elected as partner.
Fortum Heat chose to outsource its technical documentation department to Etteplan, and Fortum Hydro chose the same solution shortly after.
The result? Focus on the right things and higher efficiency!
- More efficient operations
- Continuous improvement in quality and future-proofing of documentation
- Clear management and key performance indicators for follow-up
- Higher flexibility and low-cots alternatives in the form of offshoring
“For us it makes business sense to outsource technical documentation to Etteplan. We can rest assured that our TD is top class and fulfills all industry standards. Etteplan takes care of the rest.”, says Lars-Erik Djupenström (picture) Manager Process & Engineering, Fortum Värme.